Monday, July 27, 2009

Barnes and Noble MAYHEM!

A few days ago I was having an "I'm super girl" moment. I took the kids to Barnes and Noble with me. I pulled out the 2 seater stroller and put Kyson and Beau in. Braxton had refused to take a nap earlier so he had fallen asleep in the car. Braxton + Tired = RIDICULOUS. So as you can imagine, when I woke him up to go inside, he started screaming. Just then, Beau joined in. I made him a bottle and propped it up with a blanket so I could carry Braxton with one hand and push the stroller with the other. When I got to the door, an older gentleman held it open for us. I struggled through, thanking him on my way. The old man smiled and said "It looks like you've got your hands full." What I wanted to say: "You should write a book about how to state the obvious." What I actually said: "Sure do." I continued to struggle to the kids section at the back of the store. Meanwhile, Braxton's stilll screaming. I whisper quiet threats in his ear that he better stop it now. He keeps screaming. I set him down and tell him he needs to walk. He screams louder. It went like this the whole time we were in the store. But then, Beau finished his bottle and started screaming. I took him out of the stroller and started to burp him, then I pulled Kyson out of the stroller so he could walk around. Braxton wanted in the stroller so I put him in the stroller, all the while burping Beau, pushing the monsterous 2 seater stroller, chasing and cleaning up after the tornado which was Kyson, and reminding Braxton to stop screaming. I finally decided, after several cruel stares from customers and employees that it was my cue to go.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I laughed and laughed, then read it to Clint's fam, who in turn, laughed and laughed. You, my dear sis, are a brave woman. I think most mothers know how it feels to have people staring you and your screaming children down in a store. TO HECK WITH THEM! They've obviously never been there or are too senile to remember what it was like when they had kids.

Keep conquering the world, one store at a time!

Ashley said...

Holy Cow you are one tough chick I would have sat down and cried right then.

The Allen's said...

Could you teach me to have patience like you please... I would have probably been arrested for Child Abuse if I was in the situation haha.. You are my hero Whit!

Jared and Patricia said...

I'm so happy you shared such a great story! I think I experienced a smaller version of "mayhem" in church today...Ha ha! I hope I can handle more than one someday - can you teach me how? :) I'm also so happy that you guys have a blog! It's so fun to stay in touch this way. The pictures you recently posted are so darling. They could be on a magazine cover or something! I can't believe we haven't seen Beau yet. The Harper family doesn't get together enough :) It was so fun to look through the pictures you posted. Congratulations on having another beautiful boy. Jared says the same!

Mary and Ryan Dick family said...

Oh how this story made me chuckle and feel sorry for you all at once!! I have had experiences like this before and I only have one child...so i cannot imagine it x3!! You really are super woman and I think your awesome!!! I will be calling you for advice on two!!!