Saturday, August 8, 2009

The SECRET to SUCCESS!!!

I bet after reading my last post you all thought "Well she's never going to take her kids anywhere again!" If that's what you thought, you'd be wrong. Call me crazy, but I really wanted to take my kids to the Living Planet Aquarium. I guess whoever came up with the old saying "Practice makes perfect. . ." really knew what they were talking about because this time we did it without a hitch! I'm not kidding! Nobody cried, or screamed, or leaked through their pants, or threw up at all. Now, Kyson still wandered off every once in a while, but that was all. And it really wasn't even that bad.

Okay, so maybe everything went so well because this time Braxton had a longer nap in the car; or Kyson was well fed; or perhaps the fact that Beau was asleep the whole time had something to do with it; or maybe even the fact that the amount of interest and kid friendliness on the Fun-O-Meter was WAY UP! You could say that all those fantastic reasons factor into the equation. But, just for my own personal satisfaction, I'm going to add in practice. Because as we all know, practice makes perfect:) So there you have it: the secret formula to SUCCESS. Go ahead and write it down. (You know you want to.)
SLEEP + FOOD + HIGH % OF FUN + PRACTICE = SUCCESS


We really did have fun. We saw lots of cool fish, and sharks and other creatures of the deep. We even got to pet stingrays! It was pretty cool, even for the mom:)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm glad you guys got to go on a fun trip AND that everyone was happy and fed and practiced. I've always wanted to go to living planet aquarium...was it worth the money? I'd probably look like a creeper if I went just this lady with no kids. Gald you had a good time. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, it was totally practice and seasoned motherhood training. For some reason I can't help but hear the deep-voiced superhero commentator in a movie trailer.

"They thought it was impossible. They thought it simply couldn't be done." [the young mother steps out of her car--wind blowing the hair from her face as she effortlessly pops open the double stroller] "That was until they met [dah, dah, daaaah] the Practiced Mother."

Congrats on the victory, sis. Well played indeed.

Kim Watkins said...

You are one brave mom! I have a hard time taking out just one!! I can't even imagine 2 let alone 3. It looks like the kids had fun! You are definitely super mom

Eldredge greatness said...

who are those adorable children..........oh wait! thats Braxton and Kyson!!!! super cute!
well, i better get to writin down that formula.